The physicians at the Windhorse Naturopathic Clinic use vitamin C, intravenously (IVC) to treat a number of self limiting and chronic illnesses. It works directly as antiviral (see references) as well as more deeply on your immune system, creating an environment where your body is strong enough to have a robust and healthy immunological response to an infection (viral, bacterial or fungal). IVC is tissue regenerative, it decreases pain from connective tissue injuries and speeds recovery time.
Vitamin C is a very effective adjunctive treatment for cancer. It helps with pain and tolerability of chemotherapy. It is also complimentary to oncologic care, so many treating oncologists feel like it is may be used right also side chemotherapy. To download an informative description of â€œIV Vitamin C for Cancer Care, please click HERE.
Windhorse Clinic offers high-dose IV vitamin C from 10 grams to 100 grams depending on patients’ needs and conditions.
See the decades of studies, internationally published articles on the use of IVC for cancer and infection. The National Institutes of Health has published evidence confirming Vitamin C’s anti-cancer properties. The Riordian Clinic has dozens of easily assessable articles for learning more about this treatment. Here is a quick list of interesting articles.
- The Riordan IVC Protocol for Adjunctive Cancer Care Intravenous Ascorbate as a Chemotherapeutic and Biological Response Modifying Agent
- Continuous Intravenous Vitamin C in the Cancer Treatment: Reevaluation of a Phase I Clinical Study (2019)
- Changes in the rate of PSA progression and the level of alkaline phosphatase during high dose vitamin C treatment of patients with prostate cancer
- Suppression of Alkaline Phosphatase in Prostate Cancer Patients by High Dose Intravenous Vitamin C Treatment: Three Cases
- High-Dose Intravenous Vitamin C Treatment of a Child with Neurofibromatosis Type 1 and Optic Pathway Glioma: A Case Report
- [VIEW MORE ARTICLES]
- [VIEW RESEARCH STUDIES]
Intravenous Phospholipids exchange therapy (Patricia Kane Infusions)
An intravenous technique of lipid to combat oxidative stress
Nowadays, we are exposed to harmful chemicals on a daily basis such as pesticides in our foods, exogenous hormones in our meat, xenobiotics in plastic materials, drugs prescription, and so on. These polluting toxins could be stuck in cellular membranes (a bilayer composition of mostly phospholipids and cholesterol that protects the cell from harmful toxins in its surroundings) causing dysfunction of our brain, immune systems, and many degenerative diseases. Providing the body with an abundance of clean and natural oil is crucial to dislodge these polluting toxins. These are the benefits of PK IV therapy.
Studies show that abnormally low levels of phosphatidylcholine/phosphatidylethanolamine can influence energy metabolism and have been linked to disease progression. PMID: 28411170 DOI: 10.1016/j.bbamem.2017.04.006.
- Pervasive Developmental Delay
- Seizure Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy
- Inborn Errors in Metabolism/genetic disorders
- Epigenetic insult
- Neurotoxicity (Toxic & Viral Encephalopathy, Neurotoxic Fungal exposure)
- Post Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis and ALS
- Autoimmune disorders
- Chronic infections including Neurolyme
- psychiatric disorders and Parkinson’s Disease.
Myer’s Cocktail Infusions
The following is a review of conditions successfully treated with the Myers’. The numbers of patients treated and the proportion that responded are, for the most part, estimates. Alternative Medicine Review ◆ Volume 7, Number 5 ◆ 2002.
- Depression Cardiovascular disease
- Upper and Lower respiratory tract infections including COVID-19
- Narcotic Withdrawal
- Seasonal allergic Rhinitis
- Athletic Performance
- BEFORE and AFTER CHEMOTHERAPY: Provide Energy and Improve weakness
Other IV THERAPY
- B12 intravenous and intramuscular for vitamin B12 deficiency
- Magnesium IV therapy for muscle spasm
- Poly-MVA: Poly MVA is a blend of the mineral palladium bonded to Alpha Lipoic Acid; along with Vitamins: B1, B2, and B12, Minerals molybdenum, rhodium, ruthenium, and Amino Acids formyl-methionine. These are key nutrients in supporting cellular metabolism. People have used Poly MVA BEFORE and AFTER SPORTING EVENTS, and can also be used for people who have conditions who require high doses of nutrients to support their cells.
- Slows cognitive decline
- Promotes healthy brain function
- Fights chronic fatigue
- Increases energy
- Boosts metabolism
- Regenerates cells
- Slows aging
- Reduces internal inflammation
Studies of NAD+ pharmacology and related interventions.
- Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NADH)–A new therapeutic approach to Parkinson’s disease. Comparison of oral and parenteral application, Birkmayer et al., 1993 . Intravenous infusion and oral NADH, 25–50 mg/day. 19.3% of the patients showed a very good (30–50%) improvement of disability; 58.8% a moderate (10–30%) improvement; 21.8% did not respond to NADH.
- Coenzyme nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide: A new therapeutic approach for improving dementia of the Alzheimer type, Birkmayer, 1996 . Oral 10 mg/day NADH for 8–12 weeks. Improvement in mini-mental state examination and global deterioration scale. This open-label trial represents a pilot study from which no definitive conclusion can be drawn.
- Therapeutic effects of oral NADH on the symptoms of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome, Forsyth et al, 1999 . Oral 10 mg NADH daily. A significant 31% favorable response to NADH versus 8% to placebo
- Oral 500 mg nicotinamide daily for 12 weeks increasing by 250 mg every 2 weeks. NAD: ~42% increase in blood levels. Increased serum HDL cholesterol, decreased LDL cholesterol and phosphate.
- The effect of antioxidant supplementation on fatigue during exercise: Potential role for NAD + (H), Mach et al., 2010 
- Evidence for a direct effect of the NAD+ precursor Acipimox on muscle mitochondrial function in humans, van de Weijer et al., 2014 
- Prevention of non-melanoma skin cancers with nicotinamide in transplant recipients: a case-control study, Drago et al., 2017 . Oral 500 mg nicotinamide daily. Actinic keratoses (AKs) significantly decreased in size in 18/19 patients (88%). In controls, 91% showed an increase in size or number of AKs.